2010年9月16日 星期四

MATCH-funny thing

本篇有大量的英文...XD

在MATCH的時候ERAS系統負責 program 和 applicant 的溝通, 如果有 rejection 或是 interview 的通知會先從 ERAS 進來

我朋友接到從 Internal Medicine Residency Program at Jersey City Medical Center.的通知...

Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Jersey City Medical Center.

It is my goal to review every application that comes in, and contact each applicant with either an interview invitation, or a declination.  If you convey your interest either by phone, or email, I do make a note of it, thus,
there is no need to be redundant.

Also, please don't send errant documents to me via email.  All documents should be submitted to ERAS.  I don't have the capacity to store all of the documents that are sent and thus end up having to delete them because they disable my inbox and my folders.  If I do need more documentation, I will contact you directly.

整個文章看起來好像是說他已經夠忙了, 叫applicant們不要煩他
但是這句話真的寫的怪怪的 If you convey your interest either by phone, or email, I do make a note of it,
是說如果你對本program有興趣的話, 寫email 或是打電話給他, 他會記錄起來........
那到底是會變成優先錄取名單還是被列到黑名單呢? 這個時候我朋友正在猶豫要不要打電話給 PROGRAM...

過了半小時之後....我朋友又接到從 Jersey City Medical Center 來的信


A few minutes after I sent my last email out, I was inundated by phone calls and emails.  Please let me clarify.  That email was not an open invitation to call and email me.  I was just requesting that repeated contact NOT be made.

 I understand that all of you are interested in the program, otherwise, you would not have applied, thus precluding the need for you to call or email.  I hope this email helps to clarify things.  You do not have to call or email to express your interest-- I already know that you are interested.

把program coodinator惹火了
哈哈哈...看來IMGs 比PTT的鄉民還可怕




話說我昨天收到從  New York Hospital Center of Queens 的interview 通知

Dear Applicant:

The Department of Medicine at The New York Hospital Center of Queens has
received your ERAS application for residency.  Please contact us by calling
(718) xxxxxx at your earliest convenience to schedule an interview with our
Program Director. 

Please note our Internal Medicine residency brochure can be found via website
by logging on to http://nyhq.org/Internal_Medicine .

The Internal Medicine Residency Program will be conducting interviews for the
July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012 academic year on the following 2010/2011 dates.
If you cannot interview on the following dates.  We will try our best to
accommodate your preference.


哈哈哈,好高興是interview 耶!!!!

過了一小時我又收到下一封信....


Good afternoon.

PLEASE DISREGARD THE MESSAGE YOU JUST RECEIVED DATED 9/15/2010- IT WAS SENT TO YOU IN ERROR.

Unfortunately there was a system wide error that dispatched our
Invitation E-mail by accident too all applicant. This was a mistake and we
apologize for any inconvenience.

Your application is still being considered at this time.
Please be patient, and if our Review Committee selects you to interview, you
will be contacted again via e-mail.

硍....害我多爽了10分鐘

2 則留言:

  1. New York Hospital Center of Queens 的mail我也收到了
    真是無言 Orz...

    回覆刪除
  2. 哈哈哈...他們可能覺得我們等太無聊了, 給我們一點消遣吧!

    回覆刪除